February 20, 2011

My Thumb is Turning Green

Two years ago I started a job working as a ground keeper for the University I am currently attending. I was told about the opening summer position and made a quick rush to apply for the job. I went through the normal procedure to have an interview, and then wait. I am not a patient person, but also feel that when you want a job bad enough you need to let your future employer know. That is what I did. I started to make phone calls and appearances to the "Grounds" department. Soon enough they saw my desire to be a groundskeeper and hired me for the summer months. As my job began I quickly fell in love with working in the dirt and planting flowers. I soaked up everything my boss knows about gardening. I have continued my education and love for gardening by being accepted into the Master Gardening program. I am currently working on my certification, and am excited to have the certificate that tells me I am a Master Gardener. Don't you worry, I've still got a long way to go to get that perfect green thumb, but for now, it's showing some color and starting to turn light shade of green.

~ Happy Gardening ~

No comments: